Welcome to Meridian Health's Sedation Education & Training Course, your first step to becoming properly trained, qualified and approved to administer sedation in the Meridian Health.
- Practitioner seeking to take SeDaTE's moderate sedation course for the first time.
- Practitioner returning to the course.
- Administrator who can access to determine personnel who have successfully completed SeDaTE's moderate sedation course and verify currency.
After completing this activity and reviewing the accompanying materials, the Sedation Policy and its Appendices, participants demonstrate that they should be able to:
- Assess a patient for relative risks prior to a procedure to qualify for moderate sedation;
- List the medications and their usage guidelines for moderate sedation;
- Document patient status before and during the procedure and during recovery per policy;
- Describe airway compromise with appropriate interventions;
- Discuss interventions to rescue and resuscitate the patient if needed;
- Participate in data gathering and performance improvement activities.
After participants complete the course and review the accompanying materials, they are asked to take a 20-question post-test and demonstrate that they participated in the program. A passing grade of 80% is required to successfully pass the Moderate Sedation Education & Training Course. If participants fail the test, they review the course and retake the test until a passing grade of 80% is achieved.
1. General Information Collection
The only personal information we collect through the web site is the information you voluntarily provide. The only other type of information we collect is your current IP address. This IP address is a number that is assigned to your computer when you access the Internet. It is necessary to allow communication between the different computers, which comprise the Internet. This information is entered, in aggregate, into a log, which helps us track usage on our Web Site.
2. Limitations on Disclosures